July Activities & Events
The Big Easy City is great at celebrating! Summers here are hot and so are the festivities. While every day feels like a holiday in New Orleans, we celebrate the same holidays every place else does (in our own way, of course). Come out and enjoy all of the activities and events that are offered this month. There’s something for everyone to enjoy!
- Go 4th on the River takes places all along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River on, you guessed it, July 4th! New Orleans is famed as a party destination and the city shows its best during this celebration. Its major highlight is the Dueling Barges show, a stunning fireworks display to the sound of patriotic music. Many people ride on the steamboats or take fireworks cruises during the evening to get the best possible views!
- The ESSENCE Festival begins on July 4th and goes through July 7th with activities taking place at the Ernest Morial Convention Center, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and throughout the Crescent City. Ticket prices may vary. This year, ESSENCE celebrates its 25th anniversary with an extraordinary lineup of musicians, special guests, experiences and more. Former First Lady Michelle Obama will headline the festival’s commemorative 25th
- The Running of the Bulls takes place on July 12 through July 14 at the Sugar Mill with free admission. The Crescent City hosts its own version of Spain’s Encierro de Pamploma. But instead of running from real bulls, New Orleanians gather in traditional colors of Spain’s bull run and run from New Orleans Roller Derby Girls who chase runners with plastic bats on their roller-blades. After the race, plenty of bars in the Warehouse District remain open all day to keep the festivities going!
- Bastille Day Fête has free admission and begins on July 12 and goes through July 14 at the New Orleans Museum of Art. New Orleans revels in its French heritage so much, we have turned our Bastille Day Fête into a weekend long celebration with activities throughout the During the second weekend in July, there are numerous activities, usually including French cooking demonstrations, music, kids’ activities, specialty French cuisine, a film festival and even a dog costume contest!
- Michael Bublé will be preforming on July 17th at the Smoothie King Center; ticket prices may vary. Michael Bublé is a Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter who has sold over thirty million records worldwide. His big band stylings and classic performance style has won him a huge following along with his distinct jazz vocal coverings. This is an event surely not to miss!