June Activities & Events
June kicks of the summer season here in New Orleans and the warmer weather means fun, music, food and more! There is a lot going on in and around the city this month. Here are just a few of the many activities and festivals taking place this month. Don’t miss out on these amazing opportunities to enjoy your community and have some fun!
- The New Orleans Oyster Festival takes place on June 1st and goes through June 2nd from 10:30am to 8:00pm. The admission is free! This event is two days filled with shucking and slurping, contests, music and fun! Some of the best oyster bars and restaurants across the city participate. Everything from Raw, chargrilled and fried oysters by the dozen, soups, poboys, etc. The festival also features an awesome performance lineup. Come out and enjoy some great food and music all for a great cause benefiting a number of coastal restoration organizations!
- The French Market Creole Tomato Festival begins on Saturday, June 8th and continues until Sunday June 9th from 10:00am until 7:00pm. It is located in the historic French Market District located at 2135 Decatur St. and admission is free! There will be a variety of food available from fried green tomatoes to creole tomato cream crawfish pies! Enjoy the live music as you eat your way through the festival!
- Cajun-Zydeco Festival kicks off on June 22nd and goes until June 23 at the Louis Armstrong Park from 11:00am until 7:30pm. The admission is free and the festival is known for its good music, great food and for having a great time! Presented by the Jazz & Heritage Foundation, this two-day festival features exclusively Cajun-Zydeco music, a handful of local seafood and Cajun vendors, a large crafts tent and plenty of performances to dance and sing along with!
- Wizards and Witches Beer Festival is a one-night event on Saturday, June 9th from 6:30pm until 10:00pm and will be held at the New Orleans Athletic Club located at 1008 Bienville Street. The Athletic Club will be transformed into a wizarding world of wonders complete with magic, debauchery and mischief. The event will host tasting of over twenty magical beers. Be sure to explore the Lair of Secret Cider Potions, Wizards Alley and Adult Butterscotch Beer Tavern.
- Dinner and a ZOOvie runs from May-July of 2019 at the Audubon Zoo located at 6500 Magazine Street. It begins at 6pm and goes until the end of the movie. The fee for the event is $8.00 and the “Cool Zoo” is also open for a small, additional fee of $7.00 (children under the age of the two are free). Bring your chairs, blankets and dinner or feel free to dine at the zoo at any of the food venues along or food trucks that will also be on site!